Hillary Clinton is going to be the next President of the United States and look at all the trans friendly people who are endorsing her campaign.
Can you imagine endorsing a candidate that doesn’t support gays and lesbians?
Why not? They don’t have a problem supporting Presidential candidates that don’t support transgender people, and why would you be surprised at that?
Take a look at what’s happening in NY with GENDA or Massachusetts where transgender people can still be fired from their jobs, harassed, beat up and murdered with no hate crime law to help with investigations or prosecutions.
MASS Equality is having trouble trying to figure out what to do with their left over 3 million dollar budget. Their job is done, same sex marriage is legal, gays and lesbians have a non-discrimination law and a hate crimes law. Look out NY, same sex marriage will be next in your state too. Don’t worry, they’ll be back for ya…just ask Jeff Soref to help ya out, perhaps he’ll even put in a good word for us so Hillary will support a trans-inclusive ENDA.
I do believe there are a few members of Mass Equality on Hillary’s support list too, let’s all remember to thank them.
While we’re at it, we can thank Peter Rosenstein (another name on the “list”) for his stellar support for trans-inclusion in ENDA and the Hate Crimes Prevention act. You can read about it here in his opinion piece: Should we support pro-gay legislation that does not include trans protections?
Do I really need to mention Joe Solmonese’s co-hostess on XM satellite radio? She gets the double whammy award for support.
The list of undying support goes on and on and on but don’t take my word for it, you have Google.
Hold the phone! There is one transgender person on this list, go get ’em Melissa Sklarz!
We like to try and change the world, one tranny at a time.
Here’s Hillary’s support list:
• Eldie Acheson, former U.S. Assistant Attorney General; founding director, Public Policy and Government Affairs, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
• Roberta Achtenberg, former Assistant Secretary, U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
• Toni Atkins, San Diego, CA, City Councilmember
• Dr. Christopher Barley, activist, philanthropist
• Greg Berlanti, creator/producer, TV series, “Brothers and Sisters”
• Elizabeth Birch, former Executive Director, Human Rights Campaign
• Mary Breslauer, former co-chair, Kerry-Edwards 2004 LGBT Steering Committee; communications consultant
• Tonio Burgos, member, Democratic National Committee LGBT Caucus
• Ilene Chaiken, creator/producer, Showtime series, “The L Word”
• Rocco Claps, former LGBT Outreach Director, Democratic National Committee; Illinois LGBT activist
• Bruce Cohen, Oscar-winning film producer
• Roberta Conroy, member, National Leadership Council, Lambda Legal
• Joan Darrah, retired U.S. Navy Captain
• Q. Todd Dickinson, former Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual
Property and Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Thomas Duane, New York State Senator
• Ingrid Duran, board member, Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
• Steve Elmendorf, Deputy Campaign Manager, Kerry-Edwards 2004
• Shelley Freeman, business leader, Los Angeles Police Commissioner
• Ethan Geto, long-time gay rights advocate
• John Gile, Executive Director, Project Angel Food
• Emily Giske, member, Democratic National Committee LGBT Caucus
• Deborah Glick, New York Assemblymember
• Steven Goldstein, Chair, Garden State Equality
• Chad Griffin, CEO, Chad Griffin Consulting, Inc.
• Rebecca Haag, Executive Director, AIDS Action Council; Executive Director, AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts
• Yashar Hedayat, businessman
• Lisa Henderson, General Manager, Olivia Cruises
• Stephen Herbits, businessman
• Fred Hochberg, former Deputy then Acting Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration; Dean of the Milano School for Management and Urban Policy, The New School
• John Isa, board of directors and Business Council member, Human Rights Campaign
• Gloria Johnson, board member, National Stonewall Democrats
• Christine Kehoe, California State Senator
• Keith Kerr, retired Colonel., U.S. Army; retired Brigadier General, California National Reserve
• Kasey Kincaid, attorney, Iowa grassroots activist
• Billie Jean King, sports legend and social pioneer
• Sheila James Kuehl, California State Senator
• Mark Kvare, board member, National Stonewall Democrats
• Neel Lattimore, Special Advisor for Strategic Communications, Children’s Defense Fund; former press secretary for the First Lady
• Bruce Lehman, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks
• Sue Lovell, Houston, TX, City Councilmember
• Claire Lucas, chair, Democratic National Committee LGBT Leadership Council; board member, National Stonewall Democrats
• Linda Gray Murphy, board member, National Stonewall Democrats
• Daniel O’Donnell, New York Assemblymember
• Dixon Osburn, LGBT activist on “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” policy
• Annise Parker, Houston, TX, City Controller
• Catherine Pino, board member, National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
• Julian Potter, former Special Assistant to President as Liaison to the Gay and Lesbian Community
• Christine Quinn, Speaker, New York City Council
• Hilary Rosen, President, OurChart.com; media industry consultant
• Peter Rosenstein, DC-based LGBT community activist
• Mirian Saez, member, Democratic National Committee LGBT Caucus
• Greg Sargent, attorney, New Hampshire LGBT activist
• Jayne Baron Sherman, co-chair, In the Life Media; former board chair, Lambda Legal
• Melissa Sklarz, Director, New York Trans Rights Organization; vice chair, National Stonewall Democrats
• Paul M. Smith, board member, Lambda Legal; Attorney who successfully argued the landmark case, Lawrence v. Texas, establishing the right to privacy for gay Americans
• Jeff Soref, former chair of the Democratic National Committee LGBT Caucus; former co-chair, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
• Laura Spanjian, board member, Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund; board member, Equality California
• Campbell Spencer, former National LGBT Outreach Director for the Democratic National Committee and Gore-Lieberman 2000
• Rick Stafford, chair, Democratic National Committee LGBT Caucus; co-chair, National Stonewall Democrats
• Jill Stauffer, board of directors, Human Rights Campaign
• Sally Susman, business leader
• Rev. Deborah Tammearu, Episcopal Priest, Diocese of New York
• Matthew Titone, New York State Assemblymember
• Jeffrey Tooke, board member, National Stonewall Democrats
• Olive F. Watson, activist and philanthropist
• Paula Redd Zeman, vice chair, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force; vice chair, Black Democrats of Westchester
• Bob Zuckerman, board member, National Stonewall Democrats
• Jose Zuniga, retired U.S. Army Sergeant and former Soldier of the Year; Executive Director, International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care