We’re always hearing how we’re supposed to “RESIST.” What can that look like when you live in the Deep South in Trump’s America or when your community just faced a historic natural disaster? Find out how trans people living in Texas manage to do it.
On the Pod: Cristan Williams, Robin Mack, and Alexis Melvin. And here’s more information on events and issues covered in this podcast:
- Every Monday night trans meeting, HTGA at 7:30
- 11/4/17: The 25th annual Transgender Unity Banquet
- 11/18/17: Houston Trans Day of Remembrance
- Gender Reel Houston
- On the death of the Texas Special Session “bathroom bill” effort
- On the death of the original “bathroom bill”
- Transgender Foundation of America
- The Houston Intersex Society (THIS)
- Houston GLBT Political Caucus
- Fiona Dawson
We can help!
- Are you a trans, intersex, or genderqueer victim of a natural disaster? Get direct assistance here: Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Are you trans, intersex, or genderqueer and are going to college or trade school? Get a scholarship here: Trans Scholarship Fund
You can help!
- Support the TransAdvocate at our Patreon
- Support the Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Volunteer with the Trans Disaster Relief Fund, Trans Unity Banquet, Trans Archive, or Pride Celebrations
- Submit your article for publication on the TransAdvocate
Submit articles for publication here.