It turns out that basically everyone running the anti-trans campaign against Houston’s equal right’s ordinance is a sexual harasser, pedophile, or sex abuse apologist. Also, we answer your questions in our 2017 year-end special!
Subscribe to the TransAdvocate Podcasts and Audio Essays here:
- Jared Woodfill & Ed Yong’s church caught covering up for a right-wing pedophile: Jared Woodfill, the leader of a Houston-based anti-LGBTQ hate group, is named as a defendant in a sexual assault lawsuit against former Republican Texas state Rep. Paul Pressler. The lawsuit alleges that Pressler, who is Woodfill’s law partner, sexually assaulted a man over the course of 35 years, beginning when the victim was 14. In addition to Woodfill and Pressler, the suit names as defendants Pressler’s wife, Nancy, First Baptist Church of Houston, and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and its president, the Rev. Paige Patterson. Woodfill serves as president of the Conservative Republicans of Texas, which was founded by Steve Hotze and is considered an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- More anti-equality leaders turn out to be sexual predators and protectors of right-wing predators: “When speaking against equality, Pastor Kendall Baker mentioned that he had just ended a 20+ year career with the City of Houston due to failures of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). What Baker failed to mention that he was fired after the OIG determined that he had made lewd comments, sexual advances, engaged in inappropriate touching and solicited sexual acts from the females he was supervising.”
- Transgender Foundation of America
We can help!
- Are you a trans, intersex, or genderqueer victim of a natural disaster? Get direct assistance here: Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Are you trans, intersex, or genderqueer and are going to college or trade school? Get a scholarship here: Trans Scholarship Fund
- Are you trying to organize a non-profit trans organization, group, or effort and need server space, help to get your 501c3 status or need fiscal sponsorship? Contact us here.
- Do you need help fundraising for your Resistance effort?
- Are you a trans, intersex, genderqueer, or an ally and want to get paid to write your analysis or you need help/journalist credentials for your investigative news piece, contact us or submit your piece here.
You can help!
- Support the TransAdvocate at our Patreon
- Support the Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Volunteer with the Trans Disaster Relief Fund, Trans Unity Banquet, Trans Archive, or Pride Celebrations
- Submit your article for publication on the TransAdvocate
Submit articles for publication here.