Today’s show focuses on dealing with fear, both personally and as a community. Moreover, we present an audio essay performance piece titled The Real Housewives of Gilead: The Handmaid’s Tale isn’t as Fictional as you Thought.
On the Pod: Cristan Williams, Robin Mack, and Alexis Melvin.
Music: Lurking Beneath the Surface, Lurking Beneath the Surface by Daniel Birch & Ben Pegley
Subscribe to the TransAdvocate Podcasts and Audio Essays here:
- Every Monday night trans meeting, HTGA at 7:30
- Child sexual predator, Roy “the transgenders don’t have rights” Moore, endorsed by sexual predator, youth creeper, and peeping tom, the President of the United States of America, Donald “Grab ’em by the pussy” Trump, LOSES the Alabama special election. Even so, Moore, who seeks to convert our American representitive democracy into a theocracy, cites the existance of trans people as a reason he refuses to conceede.
- NAACP’s ground game in Alabama
- Court rules trans people should be able to serve in US military. Here’s the study the Rand Corporation did for the US military titled, Assessing the Implications of Allowing Transgender Personnel to Serve Openly.
- About the ‘Quiverfull’ Movement and how the anti-trans Duggers got away with child molestation.
- Margret Atwood on The Handmade’s Tale.
- Debating the Christian Bible’s verses on homosexuality and trans & gender non-conforming people.
- The Trans Archive Acquisition Fund: “Currently when we find something that we would like to acquire for the Transgender Archives, we do semi-panic fundraising and hope we can raise the funds before someone else acquires the item. This fund is to give us a head start on the fundraising so we can improve our acquisition success.”
- The Friends of Queer Voices Fund: “Queer Voices has been the reliable voice of the Houston GLBT community for many years. Currently, Queer Voices can be heard every Monday evening on Pacifica Radio’s Houston station KPFT. For some time Pacifica Radio’s financial situation has been difficult. This has left Queer Voices in a situation where they may need to make alternative production and broadcast arrangements on very short notice. The purpose of Our “Friends of Queer Voices” fund will raise money to support the Houston Queer Voices radio show by assuring that there is money available to support this move should it happen and provide other funding to Queer Voices as appropriate.”
- Lee Brewster and the Queens Liberation Front
- Transgender Foundation of America
We can help!
- Are you a trans, intersex, or genderqueer victim of a natural disaster? Get direct assistance here: Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Are you trans, intersex, or genderqueer and are going to college or trade school? Get a scholarship here: Trans Scholarship Fund
You can help!
- Support the TransAdvocate at our Patreon
- Support the Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Volunteer with the Trans Disaster Relief Fund, Trans Unity Banquet, Trans Archive, or Pride Celebrations
- Submit your article for publication on the TransAdvocate
Submit articles for publication here.