May 2013 Polling Results

May 31, 2013 ·

This month we asked our readers, “If you’re transitioning and had to pick just one, what would you say is the goal of your transition?” and here are the results:

 

May 2013 polling results

May 2013 polling results

Well over 300 of you (n=388) of you chose to add your voice and the good news is that apparently the vast majority of you are quite well adjusted folk (though the rest of you need to get to your therapist ASAP)!

Interestingly 90% of you answered in a way that contradicts the fringe trans theories of Ray Blanchard, Michael Bailey and Anne Lawrence (but with the amount of special pleading they do, I’m sure they should make the data fit their views somehow). The rest of you (about 10%) need help. Like, now. Get thee to a therapist!

A smidge over 3% of you seem to think that transition is about appeasing sexist stereotypes. A little over 4% of you are destined for the rude awakening of discovering that transition has more to do with the inside work than you ever dreamed.  As to the 3 of you who think that transition is about being a sexy bed partner, all I have to say is… Ray Blanchard, Michael Bailey and Anne Lawrence, quit messing with TransAdvocate surveys!

Thanks to all of you who were good sports and added your voice to this month’s poll question! If you have suggestions for future polling questions, please add them in the comment section below.

In categories:Cristan Williams Opinion
Tags:
Next Post

So SPLC, When Are You Going To Declare The TERF's A Hate Group?

And how many more Black and Latina trans women have to die before you do so? How many more transpeople have to suffer from anti-trans discrimination before you step up to the plate and do what you should have done…
Read
Previous Post

A Challenge to GallusMag, Editor of GenderTrender

Apparently I've made the big time. I discovered that GallusMag, self-identified RadFem (TERF), TERF opinion leader and co-founder of RadFemHub, has attempted to troll me on her infamous TERF blog, GenderTrender. According to GallusMag, I have huge sweaty balls, I'm…
Read
Random Post

PJI fundraising video targeting suicidal trans kid goes viral

The Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) is the ex-gay organization that stirred up the right-wing word when it claimed that a trans kid (who I will refer to as Jane Doe, for reasons of safety) in Colorado was harassing cisgender girls in the restrooms. Right wing…
Read
Random Post

Phalloplasty

The topic engenders polarized debate within the transgender community. Nowhere more than on internet support groups where, in the same thread, you will see some regard it as lifesaving and others as “frankendicks” that lack sensation and are “never good…
Read
Random Post

All's Sans Daylight on the Exterminationist Frontier

One Sunday morning reading selection: The term Transgender is an umbrella term coined by transgender activists to describe the following individuals: heterosexual cross-dressers; homosexual transvestites or drag queens; and transsexuals (individuals undergoing so-called sex change operations) and she-males. Some of…
Read
Random Post

Common Sense or Science? You Choose!

Generic Confusion's author, Greg wonders about allowing gender dysphoric children to choose their gender: "What are parents to do when their child says he's tired of being a child, and wants to be a roadrunner? What if their child wants…
Read