#TransDayofResilience, did you know that we can make the political machine work for us? Learn about how a trans community fought off dozens of “bathroom bills” and how a Texas trans community produced the biggest queer political event of the year in one of America’s largest cities. On top of that, hear one of the most powerful Texas Republican politicians support the trans community and hear from America’s first out trans judge.
On the Pod: Cristan Williams, Robin Mack, and Alexis Melvin. :
Subscribe to the TransAdvocate Podcasts and Audio Essays here:
- Every Monday night trans meeting, HTGA at 7:30
- Gender Reel Houston
- On the death of the Texas Special Session “bathroom bill” effort
- On the death of the original “bathroom bill”
- Transgender Foundation of America
- Numbers Nightclub
- Houston GLBT Political Caucus
- Harris County Judge, Ed Emmitt (R)
- Texas Speaker of the House, Joe Straus (R)
- Judge Phyllis Frye (D)
- Poppy Northcut
- Trans & Intersex advocates elected:
- Trans Day of Remembrance
— transadvocate (@transadvocate) November 20, 2017
- Transgender Unity Banquet
We can help!
- Are you a trans, intersex, or genderqueer victim of a natural disaster? Get direct assistance here: Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Are you trans, intersex, or genderqueer and are going to college or trade school? Get a scholarship here: Trans Scholarship Fund
You can help!
- Support the TransAdvocate at our Patreon
- Support the Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Volunteer with the Trans Disaster Relief Fund, Trans Unity Banquet, Trans Archive, or Pride Celebrations
- Submit your article for publication on the TransAdvocate
Submit articles for publication here.